Professional service practices are often weighed down by paper and the procedures surrounding the filing and storage of that paper. With the exception of a few specific types of documents, most paper can be scanned and shredded. There is no necessity to keep the physical paper at all.
Paper takes up a lot of room, is cumbersome, heavy, difficult to search and in many cases unnecessary. It also fades and discolours over time; making it difficult to read.
Consider these Questions
- Do you know what it costs you to store and maintain paper files each year?
- How much space do they consume?
- Do you rent extra space just to keep physical files?
- How much time does each professional staff member spend accessing and maintaining paper files?
- How much time does each admin person spend filing and maintaining paper files?
- Are you forced to work in the office because the paper files are there?
Some of the Benefits of Going Paperless
What would you say if I told you Going Paperless could conservatively save you:
- 524 hours per professional staff member per annum; or
- Over $100K per professional staff member per annum.
Not to mention:
- Significant reductions in rent of premises (you don’t need as much space) or off-site storage.
- The freedom to work anywhere with increased productivity!
Seems unbelievable? It’s not! The savings are probably greater!